Tuesday 10 April 2012

Medway Steampunk Event

I went along to the Medway Festival of Steam and Transport on Easter Sunday, as they were doing a special Steampunk market, fashion show, talk and more for the Steampunk lovers.

I drove through lots of rain everywhere to get there, but it didn't rain at all the whole time we were there! I had my new corset on, my spat style leg warmers, my belt, many accessories and of course my goggles. It's nice as what somoene said about the Steampunk fashion that day is that you can spot a fellow Steampunker from across the room, just look out for goggles. It's a good tip.

Here is a photo of me that a fellow Steampunker took on the day:


Me looking like a total geek. I did have a go at modelling for my friend so we shall see how they came out soon.

I had a great day and met lots of new people. The Steampunk community seem to be a tight-knight one in person, everyone seems to know everyone and being an outsider is a little difficult. People seem much more friendly online in the communities I am included in.










One of my favourite images.

I hope to attend a lot more Steampunk events and get a bit more friendly with the people there. I love photographing the Steampunk community, everyone looks amazing.

----

And, on another note, I am doing a Highschool of the Dead cosplay tomorrow and we need people to be zombie extras for us. Please get in touch if you would like to volunteer, it is tomorrow from mid day at Basildon. Contact me here.

1 comment:

  1. Hola estan muy guapas tus fotos y tienes gran creatividad,yo desde aqui en este lugar España estoy tambien aprendiendo de todo un poco,me gusta la fotografía,salir por los campos y ciudades y captar pues ese moento en que uno está presente.
    Un saludo estiamada laura.

    jose.

    ReplyDelete